This product is a compilation of some rare items performed by Dr. Vyjayantimala Bali, one of the finest and foremost Bharatanatyam exponents of our times. Taken from live recordings of her concerts in different places, times and on different occasions, they not only highlight the artist's flair and felicity, but also provide a new perspective of the infinite beauty and variety of Bharatanatyam.
Presenting and performing these pieces seldom seen on stage these days, Dr.Vyjayantimala Bali delights the viewers with all that she imbibed from legendary gurus like Vazuvoor Ramiah Pillai, K.N.Dandayuthapani Pillai, Thanjavur Kitappa Pillai and Mylapore Gowri Ammal.
Flawless in style and fascinating in content, it's a delectable audio visual fare for Bharatanatyam lovers.
- Mela Prapti - Nattai - Anga - Thanjavur Quartet
- A peppy flourish played on the mridangam as a prelude to a Bharata Natyam recital revived by
- 'Kaana Aavalaanane' - Swarajathi - Kambhodi -
Rupakam - Thanjavur Quartet
- Swarajathi is a Srungara-oozing central piece that lays equal emphasis on nritta (pure dance) and
abhinaya the expressional content. Here the lovelorn Nayika (heroine) pines for Peruvudayan or
Brihadeeswara, the God of Thanjavur.
- Srungara Lahari - Keertanam - Nilambari -
Adi -Mysore Lingaraja Urs
- A devotional song that extols Goddess Devi, the
embodiment of Srungara
- Slokam - Ragamaligai
- The finale that invokes the blessings of Goddess Meenakshi of
Madurai on the performer, audience and the whole world.
- Tillana - Dhanasri - Adi - Swati Tirunal
- A component of pure dance with complex rhythmic
syllables interwoven with verses that describe the
dance of Krishna and the maidens.